Slicers are a way to turn a 3D model into 2D "slices". You still have to start with a 3D model. In this short chapter, we will list some of the popular locations for getting models. We've copied some content directly from Lulzbot's page on model repositories.
Go ahead and grab a model that interests you from any of the repositories.
- URL: https://thingiverse.com
- Pros: The OG site for models
- Cons: Originally owned by Makerbot and now Stratsys. Has a difficult relationship with the community
- URL: https://youmagine.com/
- Pros: Has a large amount of 3D models, and a community originally established around the European community of 3D printer users.
- Cons: None for now.
- URL: https://www.myminifactory.com/
- Pros: Some paid models that are high quality and not accessible otherwise
- Cons: More commercially focused
- URL: https://yeggi.com/
- Pros: More of a 3D model search engine/index that gathers models from many of the online 3D model communities.
- Cons: A bit hard to find things and navigate around.