Mattermost is our team’s main communication software where most of our formal communication takes place.
Getting Started with Mattermost:
- Go to the Mattermost Sign in page.
- Login to your account page with your username and password.
- Select “Glia” from the teams page.
- Complete the Mattermost tutorial (optional).
- Select “More” at the top-left side of the page to join the recommended channels.
In Mattermost, different topics of discussion are separated into designated channels. When you first join Glia, we recommend that you also join these channels:
- People - Say Hi and introduce yourself to the team!
- Onboarding - The channel to ask questions when you are getting started.
- Meetings & Minutes - Meeting notes and times for upcoming meetings.
- Join as many Channels are you like, or just the projects that you are interested in contributing to. Feel free to read the channel chat history while getting your bearings.
Mattermost supports markdown. Learn how to configure notifications here.